Dicumyl peroxide is in the form of a white powder with a molecular mass of 270 g/mol. This chemical is available in the market with a purity of 80% of industrial grade. The percentage of active oxygen for this material should be at least 4.7%. This substance is insoluble in water but soluble in aromatic and aliphatic solvents. The vapor pressure of this material at 38 degrees Celsius is 15.4 mm of mercury and its melting point is 40 degrees Celsius. This substance, like other peroxide compounds, starts to decompose at a temperature above 20 degrees Celsius. Its storage time is a maximum of 6 months.
|maximum storage temperaturearance||≤ 20 °C|
|Active oxygen||4.74 wt.%|
This material should be stored in well-ventilated and closed places. In case of decomposition, it turns into methane and phenyl propanol compounds. It is supplied in 25 kg cardboard packages.
• Polymerization initiator of expanded polystyrene
• Curing agent for unsaturated polyester resins
• Vulcanization of tires
• Cross-linking agent in the production of polylactic acid composite fibers
• To produce polyamide/ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers
- Bis(1-methyl-1-phenylethyl) peroxide
- Bis(α,α-dimethylbenzyl) peroxide
- PEROXAN DC-80
- Dialcyl peroxide LUPEROX DCP