Xylene is a flammable liquid, odorless and insoluble in water, and is often considered as a solvent in chemical reactions. Xylene has three isomeric forms ortho, meta and para with different physical and chemical properties. Xylene is one of the most important petrochemical products obtained from catalytic reforming and also carbonization of coal. Industrially, this substance is produced from methylation of toluene and benzene.
Xylene is a flammable liquid but with low toxicity. This material is available in 180 kg barrels or in bulk.
• Production of raw material for synthetic fibers
• As a solvent and diluent in paint, varnish, glue, ink
• In leather, rubber and printing industries as a substitute for toluene
• As a raw material for the production of monomers
• As a raw material in the production of ethylbenzene and benzene
• In order to prevent permeability and to strengthen devices and transmission lines such as oil and gas transmission lines
• Detergents industries
- Dimethyl benzene