Dibenzoyl peroxide is in the form of white powder or paste with a molecular mass of 242 g/mol. This material is available as a 75% pure powder for polymerization applications or as a 55% paste. The percentage of active oxygen for this material should be at least 4.9%. The half-life time of this substance in chlorobenzene is 10 hours at 71°C and 1 hour at 91°C. Its bulk density at 20 degrees Celsius is 500 kg/m3. This substance like other peroxide compounds starts to decompose at a temperature above 20 degrees Celsius. Its storage time is a maximum of 6 months.
|Appearance||white powder or doughy|
|AppeThe maximum storage temperaturearance||≤ 20 °C|
|Active oxygen||4.9 wt.%|
- Peroxide compounds decompose quickly at high temperatures. So, they should be kept at low temperatures and generally less than 20 degrees Celsius. In the best possible case, its shelf life is 6 months from the date of its production.
- It is supplied in 27 kg cardboard packages.
• Styrene polymerization
• Acne treatment
• Copolymerization of acrylonitrile and vinyl acetate
• Paint and resin industries
• Polymerization of acrylate and methacrylate
• Bleaching agent in various industries
- PEROXAN BP
- Benzoyl peroxide,Benzac